Meat curing cabinet

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Meat curing cabinet

Postby Bakerboy59 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi everyone I'm new on to here and I'm setting up a charcuterie business in a butchery.
I was wondering if anyone had any information on where to purchase a curing cabinet.
I need something that I can set time/temp/ humidity etc as I'm busy in the shop all week.
All advice gratefully received
Regards bruce
Bakerboy59
Newly Registered

Re: Meat curing cabinet

Postby wheels » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Bruce, welcome.

Where are you in the world? As you'll appreciate, it's somewhat important to any reply. :D :D

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Bakerboy59 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:05 am

wheels wrote:Hi Bruce, welcome.

Where are you in the world? As you'll appreciate, it's somewhat important to any reply. :D :D

Phil

Hi Phil I'm in London UK :mrgreen:
Bakerboy59
Newly Registered

Postby ped » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 am

Here's a nice cheap option !!!! http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/content/ ... i-cabinets

not :?
ped
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 pm

I guess that a lot depends on the size of the operation. You may be best to consider environmental control of a whole room/walk-in, rather than a cabinet.

Hopefully, one of our members who operates commercially in this field will advise further.
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby BriCan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm

wheels wrote:I guess that a lot depends on the size of the operation. You may be best to consider environmental control of a whole room/walk-in, rather than a cabinet.

Hopefully, one of our members who operates commercially in this field will advise further.

http://www.coolmarket.co.uk/moreinfo.ph ... 9&offset=0

again depends on space, the one out at the smokehouse where I used to work only cost 64.33 GBP ($100 CAD)
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby will_raymo2000 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 am

Possibly something to look into would be potentially a bread proving/retarding cabinet. These come in full height sizes and have heat/cool and humidity controller built in like the purpose built curing chambers.

The average temp control seems to be from -5*C to +3/4*C. Perhaps a little on the chilly side? But on websites like http://brookfood.co.uk/used-equipment/r ... -provers-1 they are certainly more available second hand than purpose built curing chambers from what I can tell.

Just a thought!
will_raymo2000
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies