Spanish charcuteria book

Re: Spanish charcuteria book

Postby quietwatersfarm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:39 pm

its all high falutin' company :)

the great and the good of all thing pork with a good dose of familiar faces.
quietwatersfarm
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 pm

I've requested membership. :D :D

Hopefully, there's room for a 'little un'!

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby ericrice » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Alright - enough of this dilly dallying - there's a book to get finished you know. :D
Seriously (and selfishly) my season here runs October/November until March/April. I'm hoping later this year is closer to the October timeframe so I can give some new recipes a go :drool:
Keep us posted!!
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby quietwatersfarm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 pm

wheels wrote:I've requested membership. :D :D

Hopefully, there's room for a 'little un'!

Phil

they let me in Phil, so they cant be fussy :)
quietwatersfarm
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby DiggingDogFarm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 am

ericrice wrote:Agree - video looks amazing. Only issue I have is the end of year is a long way off!! Already looking forward to getting a copy.

Without giving all the specifics a few of us here have given "Salumi" very honest reviews on Amazon with an eye to the "meat head". Reading some of the more critical reviews will give you a good idea of the shortcomings of that book from our perspective. With that said, in this instance your recipes appear to be something very new and the comments on Salumi's recipes appear not to be relevant to your book. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Salumi-The-Craft- ... 0393068595

X2

Yes, "Salumi" was not properly proof-read and edited.
I find new errors every time I open it up.....some are egregious.
The sloppiness is quite shocking.

~Martin
~Martin
Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, non-conformist and contrarian who questions everything!
DiggingDogFarm
Registered Member

Postby charcuteriasos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:13 pm

wheels wrote:
quietwatersfarm wrote:Jeff, saw this on Salt Cured Pig group, great work (and a great place!) look forward to reading!

What and where's the Salt Pig Group?

Phil :D

Cool! Glad to hear word is getting out--I'm just a first time author/cook trying to get the word out about the topic, so any word of mouth help I get is so appreciated!

Speaking of which, I can't believe I didn't put up the Facebook page for the book. Please join--we will be posting a lot more photos and video( :D ) as we get closer to the release date

Here is is: https://www.facebook.com/charcuteriaspa ... ts&fref=ts

TTFN, jeff
charcuteriasos
Registered Member

Postby charcuteriasos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 pm

ericrice wrote:Alright - enough of this dilly dallying - there's a book to get finished you know. :D
Seriously (and selfishly) my season here runs October/November until March/April. I'm hoping later this year is closer to the October timeframe so I can give some new recipes a go :drool:
Keep us posted!!

HA! Oido cocina...

If you are interested, let's PM. Would love to have you test out a few if you are interested.

j
charcuteriasos
Registered Member

Postby yotmon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Mentioned the 'chorizo en sidra' recipe to the OH and she says that she loves sausage in cider :shock: oh-er, missus ! (the old one are the best).
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby charcuteriasos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Too easy... but well done, sir.
charcuteriasos
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 am

charcuteriasos wrote:
ericrice wrote:Alright - enough of this dilly dallying - there's a book to get finished you know. :D
Keep us posted!!

HA! Oido cocina...

If you are interested, let's PM. Would love to have you test out a few if you are interested.

j

Done and looking forward to helping in any way I can.
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 pm

All - I was fortunate enough to get a little peek at some of the recipes but also at some of the background, techniques, customs, etc. I'll say what I have seen is a great read on both counts. I'm confident the book will provide not only new recipes but also a thorough background/understanding of the techniques. I'm hoping to squeeze in a few recipes before things warm up too much here. In the event I beat the elements I'll be sure to share my experience.

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby jeffwice » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:31 am

Glad you like what you have seen so far, Eric--looking forward to hearing your feedback!

TTFN, j
jeffwice
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Just over a month and I cut in to my Chorizo Riojano. Wonderful - I'm not going to pretend to be a food writer but relatively few ingredients and they all work together beautifully. This will be made in a much larger batch when my season returns. I'll leave it to Jeff to share as much or as little about the ingredients/process as he wants.

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 am

According to the book's webpage, and verified by Jeff, the book's release has been pushed back to March 2014.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.