ProQ CSG in Canada

ProQ CSG in Canada

Postby integra » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Where can i buy this in Canada, not looking for local pick up, buying online is fine, just want to avoid high shipping costs.
integra
Registered Member

Re: ProQ CSG in Canada

Postby wheels » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Here you go:

http://www.dnrsausagesupplies.ca/cart/i ... p?cPath=28

Please stick around and let us see what you make.

HTH

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby integra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 am

Being the Cheap kinda guy i am, i was hoping for a cheaper source, i dont really want to go the home made method, as i see the value in the ProQ. i'll look around some more, other wise i will order it from that site in the next day or two.

and yes, i will share what i make, i have been dying to produce smoke salmon for years. i love it, but its so expensive at the grocery store, it will be nice to be able to "mass produce" it.

i have already broswed the forum, got alot of good tips.
integra
Registered Member

Postby integra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am

tried to order, but they dont ship within canada. sucks, cuz i am about a 6 hour drive from them.
integra
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am

You could try this one:
http://www.bbqs.com/amazenpelletsmoker-p-1616.html
It is similar.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby integra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 am

yeah, i have been reading up on that product, looks like it will be easier to get, and it works with pellets, which is a huge bonus, as that would have been my next problem. Pellets are easy to come by, saw dust, not so much.

thanks for the help
integra
Registered Member

Postby DiggingDogFarm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 am

Get one from A-Maze-N, they have 3 types of smoke generators, I've collected the full set in each size.
Be aware that the original model only burns sawdust.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

~Martin
Last edited by DiggingDogFarm on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Martin
Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, non-conformist and contrarian who questions everything!
DiggingDogFarm
Registered Member

Postby DiggingDogFarm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 am

integra wrote:Pellets are easy to come by, saw dust, not so much.

And not just any sawdust will do, it must be of a specific consistency.

~Martin
~Martin
Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, non-conformist and contrarian who questions everything!
DiggingDogFarm
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

integra wrote:tried to order, but they dont ship within canada. sucks, cuz i am about a 6 hour drive from them.

Sorry, let me get this right: a Canadian firm with an online shop where you can buy the products, then expects you to go and collect them? Nah, when you buy them online, surely they must send them to you? Or will they only send them within Alberta?

I don't get it. :? :? :?

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby integra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

wheels; perhaps the website had an issue or something of that nature, but when i went to the checkout, the only disclaimer i read was that it would not ship to my address, i am even in the same province as the distributor.

all things happen for a reason, after careful reading, i think the AMAZEN product might be the better value, for about the same price, (shipping not yet factored) i get the product, plus a whack of pellets/sawdust, as well as a butane torch (not that i need one, i have 2 already). and the build quality seems to be beter with the AMAZEN.

anyway, at the end of the day, i think the two are very similar, i just need one so i can start smoking some salmon.
integra
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

You're right, they look better value. I've not seen one that uses bbq pellets before. For that matter, I've never seen bbq pellets - in the flesh, so to speak!

Perhaps you'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Happy smoking.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby integra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm

the saw dust vs pellets is the other reason i just ordered (minutes ago) the AMAZEN product, as it will do pellets AND saw dust. where i live, pellets are carried without issue, i have not been able to locate sawdust (aside from online).

Due to shipping costs, i opted for just the CSG, not the package which includes a torch which i dont need and a few lbs. of pellets as i can get them locally.

Since most of you use the ProQ, i will post some pics of the AMAZEN version when is arrives. i still need to contruct a device in which to smoke, i think i will go with Hoggy's design and purchase a well insulated cooler and modify it.
integra
Registered Member

Postby Dibbs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

I managed to do some cold smoking with an aluminium chinese takeaway tray full of oak chips with a soldering iron shoved through the side. Meat hung at the top of a huge plastic plantpot. It works, but maybe you want something better.
Dibbs
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:39 am

Bin' there, as have many of our members, but the CSG or Amazen, makes life so much easier!

Bye the way, welcome to the forum.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby DiggingDogFarm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 am

So true, I'll NEVER go back to any of the old methods.

~Martin
~Martin
DiggingDogFarm
Registered Member

Next

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing