Sausage Casings - South London

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Sausage Casings - South London

Postby timunator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi,

Are there any sausage casings or available at any local butchers around south London ?

Many Thanks,
Richard
timunator
Newly Registered

Postby wheels » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Richard, Welcome.

I don't know about butcher's in S. London but this firm in Smithfield market sell them:

http://www.thomasford.biz/

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby adventureswiththepig » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

I'd be keen to know this too....
My pork blog: http://adventureswiththepig.wordpress.com
Follow me on twitter @pork_adventures
adventureswiththepig
Registered Member

Re: Sausage Casings - South London

Postby ashford1812 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 am

Hi,

I'm sorry this message is a bit late but better than never as they say. I was just browsing the web and stumbled across this old message regarding where to buy sausage casings/skins in London and would like to say thank you to Phil for replying to Richard recommending a firm called Thomas Ford. My name is Ashley Ford and I work for Thomas Ford which is based in Smithfield, EC1A. We are a family run business dating back to 1890 when my great granddad first opened the shop doors. We sell anything and everything for both the butchery and catering trades, and of course a variety of sausage skins/casings for if you wanted to start making your own sausages. We sell hog casings which come in 80 metre bundles, blue and red sheep casings which are ideal for small and 'normal' size chipolatas, and for a real big sausage we sell Ox Runners which come as a 30 metre bundle.

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling to find where to buy sausage skins in London. We are the only butchers sundries firm left in London and based right in the heart of the city. If you would like anymore information on products or ou whereabouts, then please give us a call on 020 7248 5868.
ashford1812
Newly Registered

Return to Equipment & Supplies