Black Tie and Kebabs

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Black Tie and Kebabs

Postby Fatmat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some funky mass catering ideas. I'm an amateur who dabbles in mass catering. I've agreed to do the catering for a do for a load of firemen - 100 guests expected.

It's a black tie bash at the firestation and for fun we are going with kebabs - I was planning on doing slow cooked lamb shoulder smeared in homemade tikka paste. I was also going to do slow cooked pork belly with smoked paprika, fennel and garlic.

Does anybody have any funky ideas for other dishes, either main or accompaniments? I'm trying to avoid the usual Potato Salad and Slaw if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance,

Mat
What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease.
Fatmat
Registered Member

Re: Black Tie and Kebabs

Postby wheels » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

I'd start with a bean dish for a carb - Boston Baked Beans or something along those lines.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby NCPaul » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

In the Spring, I like roasted zucchini with salsa verde. Olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley and a little mint.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby Fatmat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:09 pm

wheels wrote:I'd start with a bean dish for a carb - Boston Baked Beans or something along those lines.

Phil

I like the idea... but have comedy visions of crisp white shirts generously drizzled in bean juice - I suppose that lashings of kebab fat to follow will complete the picture!!!

I'm trying to have a think about turning the kebab shop thing into some ideas... admittedly that is as far as I've got - except I'm going to make some kebab sauces to be classily served from ebay plastic squeezy bottles.
What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease.
Fatmat
Registered Member

Postby Fatmat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

NCPaul wrote:In the Spring, I like roasted zucchini with salsa verde. Olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley and a little mint.

Served marinaded and cold? that would work well as a filler/salad in the pitta breads.
Fatmat
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general