Home brew offer at Wilkinsons

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Home brew offer at Wilkinsons

Postby yotmon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

To any UK home-brewers among you, Wilkinsons have the majority of their home brew kits and supplies on offer at half price (until next Tuesday). Bought a 25l food grade fermenting bucket that can double up as a brine bin for £4.50 and a 30 bottle Cab/Sauv wine maker for £11.50 (38.33p per bottle). Dextrose was on offer at £1.00 a kilo as well. I've not made wine or beer for years so thought would have a go at these prices.

Yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Re: Home brew offer at Wilkinsons

Postby captain wassname » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Many thanks Ill have a look.

Jim
now merely fat
captain wassname
Registered Member

Postby yotmon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Jim, I was passing another store in Wigan this afternoon so had to pop in. Picked up a 'Wilko' Pinot Grigio 30 bottle wine kit for £ 9.00 and a 'Coopers' Stout 40 pints kit for £6.50, (tesco online £13.96). I'm thinking that at these prices they would be cheap enough to be utilised into a brine where wine is included, plus the stout could be used to make a 'black' bacon. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....

Ste.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby crustyo44 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,
In Australia we never see cheap prices like that due to being a thirsty mob of Colonials, especially in the tropics. My advise: STOCK UP BIG.
Cheers,
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Re: Home brw offer at Wilkinsons

Postby yotmon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:30 pm

My advise: STOCK UP BIG.
Try telling the 'other half' that, I've already been met at the door with ' where are you planning to keep all of this' etc. Don't they realise that a man needs a hobby !
Weird thing is that when I bought my house, I was made aware of a covenant placed on the home that prevented me from brewing 'ales, wines and porter'. It turned out that the row of houses were built by a nearby independent brewery (1932) and didn't want their workers from doing a bit of 'private enterprise' when at home !
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 pm

I have the same covenant on my bungalow. Nobody's come to arrest me, yet!

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby crustyo44 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:59 am

Yotmon, my wife is always complaining about me fermenting in the dining room. Usually about 5-25 litre barrels. I just can't understand why she whingeing so much as the smell is beautiful when you open the front door.
She likes my liqueurs, vodka and some of my beers, she didn't marry me for my good looks so she'll just have to put up with it. We are not big drinkers, most of it is given away as presents.
CHEERS!!!!! Mate,
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies