experiences with Auber instruments

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

experiences with Auber instruments

Postby Ces » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey guys,

I recently made the investment and set up my own curing chamber (frost-free fridge, humidifier and temp/humidity controller). I live in sydney, Australia so the likely hood of me ever needing to heat my drying chamber is negligible.

I thought that I was all set up and ready to go but after only about 50 hours the humidity sensor on my AUBER INSTRUMENTS TH-102 ''plug-n-play'' temp and humidity controller has packed it in and is registering 99.9% humidity no matter what the actual humidity is in the chamber. It worked fine for two days and then the alarm went off all of a sudden.

I waited until 12:00 a.m. to call the company (due to time differences) and see what could be done and by 1 a.m. the best response I got was that ''yes, the sensor can be faulty as they are sensitive and if we replaced every one that didn't work we would be out of business. A new one can be expedited to you for $17 (U.S.) dollars". That will be 3-5 days (more like 5 probably) and the $200 of meat that I have curing (just started as I said, it lasted 50 hours) will be well on its way to case hardening by then. :evil:

They did offer to replace it for free but the delivery time is over two weeks to my part of the world. I have only used the product as advised (i.e. it has not been knocked,dropped or wetted) and when I spend that amount of money on something I expect it to work for more than two days... the 'higher up' I spoke to alluded to the fact that I should expect failure with their product due to its pricing compared to the market (????).

Rant done. Be careful with these guys.

Cheers,

Ces.
Ces
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies