Liquid Smoke

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Liquid Smoke

Postby Keith S » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi all, I have just been given a bottle of "Wrights Liquid Smoke" by a friend who bought it in America. It seems really good stuff, I have cured a 2 kg Loin of pork and only using 4 tsp of the the liquid has given an authentic taste to the bacon, my question is "is this product or similar available in this country and if so where from and how much?"

Would be most grateful for any advice

Keith
Keith S
Registered Member

Re: Liquid Smoke

Postby johngaltsmotor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm

As this forum is frequented by folks around the world you should specify which "this" country is that you are looking for it in.
Pigs are magical creatures.... they turn vegetables into BACON!!
johngaltsmotor
Registered Member

Postby Keith S » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Oops sorry about that, I am in England, Bolton, to more precise, so looking for a supplier in Britain, I thought Weschenfelders may do it but alas its not to be.

Keith
Keith S
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Powdered smoke is sold by this website under the heading "essential ingredients". I have not used it; maybe others can recommend it? Welcome to the forum. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby yotmon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am

Hi Keith and welcome to the forum. Click on the 'Sausage Making' logo on the top left of this page and it will take you to the site's shop. I believe it's based in Bolton so you may even be able to visit/collect.

All the best. Yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby Keith S » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, and also the information, I have had a look at the site, the prices seem considerably higher than weschenfelders, but if I can collect and save the postage costs they will probably even up. Thanks again
Keith S
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies