Smoker problem or sawdust problem

Re: Smoker problem or sawdust problem

Postby Headbutchersouthwest » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Phil I certainly did and again not much help :roll:

There best advice was to buy smoke dust from ashwoods but I told them I had already brought 30kg of beech & oak from reputable sources which other smokers are using well
Headbutchersouthwest
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:43 pm

I'd go back to them again and point out that currently you have a smoker that you can't use and that, for the money you paid, you expect something that works.

For the sort of money those cost, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to send someone out to show you how to use it, or at least to arrange a demonstration at their showroom (or maybe with an existing customer).

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby yotmon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Headbutchersouthwest wrote:Phil I certainly did and again not much help :roll:

There best advice was to buy smoke dust from ashwoods but I told them I had already brought 30kg of beech & oak from reputable sources which other smokers are using well

Sorry, but from your reply I'm not sure if you purchased it from the manufacturer or UK supplier, if it was the former then SMS food equipment in Macclesfield Cheshire sell this model and may be able to give you some pointers on how to get it operating. Their Telephone Number is 01625 827827, Fax Number: 01625 82001.
Email Address: enquiries@smsfoodequip.com. Hopefully someone can steer you in the right direction. But as wheels quite rightly says, it's a lot of money to pay for something that you can't get to work. If I had paid so much out on a product I'd want at least a 'demo' to show me how it works and that it actually 'does' work. I'm sure it's probably just teething trouble so hope you get it sorted asap.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby Headbutchersouthwest » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Yotmon ,

I brought it from Windsor food machinery uk , hopefully I will get some proper answers soon
Headbutchersouthwest
Registered Member

Postby GUS » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Avidly hoping for a (Happy) resolution to this, what's the latest.

Hoping you'll sort the chimney out properly albeit at cost to your roofing (easily sealed with a "boot") when all is well, gutted for you that the company has left you in this manner to date, should get more for all the money spent, appears very shonky from what you've regaled thus far.
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.
Founder member of "Cheese club" ...it's like "Fight Club" only cheesier

Avatar courtesy of Thad Cox https://twitter.com/LimitedFun http://limitedfun.tumblr.com/
GUS
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing